ant-user mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <>
Subject Re: ChainableReader behavior
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:51:14 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "didge" <>

> > From: Kief Morris []
> > I'm trying to figure out the behavior of ChainableReader implementations
> > under copy type tasks. In particular, it seems that the Reader has its
> > initialize() method called for each file being copied, which is leading
> > to some deeper problems. Is this the correct behavior?Kief,
> Kief,
> Ouch, this is not the way that I thought filterchains were created, but it
> appears that so.  I thought that each filter in a chain was first created,
> then initialized, just once for a given task.  But in fact, it looks like
> the entire chain is created, initialized and then discarded for each file
> processed, which for VPP, incurs a lot of overhead.
> Anyone,
> Is there anyway that the filterchain can be reused within a task?

If patched, yes ;-)

Please send in a patch that would retain current behavior as well
as add the enhancement you are seeking - that of being able to
reuse a filterchain within a task.

> didge

*  Office: A place where you can relax after   *
*  your strenuous home life.                   *

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message