ant-user mailing list archives

From "Info" <I...@kjs-a.com>
Subject ANT: KJS#00001 %SystemDrive%
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:36:38 GMT
I am new to Ant.  Just installed 1.5.1.  I find the documentation for Ant
1.5.1 silent on the need to set SystemDrive=x: when using ant.bat on a win9x
platform.  I located the problem in the ant.bat script.  %SystemDrive% must
be defined to keep ant.bat from using \ant (the apparent default when I
wanted it to be H:\ANT).  runant.pl is not plagued with such an issue.  If I
missed this in the some 20k messages and in the Ant documentation would some
one tell me where.  If I did not, would someone update the documentation in
the:

Installing Ant
Windows
Assume Ant is installed in c:\ant\. The following sets up the environment:

set ANT_HOME=c:\ant
set JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.2.2
set PATH=%PATH%;%ANT_HOME%\bin

set SystemDrive=c:  (ONLY if using win9x).

Jim S