ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill Winspur <bwins...@wynnon.com>
Subject Re: Which task
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:04:09 GMT
I just joined this thread, and missed earlier messages, but... I've been
looking for a more primitive 'which' functionality on ant, more like the
unix 'which <file>' command. I'd like to search the host command path,
available in system property 'java.library.path', asking the question:
"which directory from classpath x contains file y?". An ideal task would be
something like:

<which classpath=${java.library.path} fileSought="myFileName"
propertySet="hostDir"/>

or

<which fileSought="myFileName" propertySet="hostDir">
    <path ....>
        <pathelement .../>
    </path>
</which>

I've checked the faq and browsed the 1.5.1 manual for 1.83 hours, but have
not found a way to determine a specified file's location on a path. Is there
a way to do this in ant ?

Bill Winspur.