ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Cobban" <>
Subject Problem with ANT_HOME in Windows 98
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:34:46 GMT
I have downloaded and unzipped the ant 1.5.1 package.  I have set ANT_HOME and JAVA_HOME as
described in the installation instructions.  However no matter what I set ANT_HOME to when
I type ant I get:

ANT_HOME is set incorrectly or ant could not be located. Please set ANT_HOME.

The environment variables are:

There is only one thread I can see on this subject in the archives, it peters out with a suggestion
that the problem might be the backslash, but changing this to a forward slash makes no difference.

When I turn echo on I find that execution of ant.bat merrily flows right through the 'if exist
"%ANT_HOME%" goto' statement, even though the directory definitely exists.  Moreover when
I experiment I find that it does not matter WHAT I put in the "if exist" statement control
flows through.  Does "if exist" even work on Win98?

I would really like to use ant.  It is a real pain to have to keep editting the shell scripts
that I am using to compile my applications.

Jim Cobban
34 Palomino Dr.
Kanata, ON, CANADA
K2M 1M1