ant-user mailing list archives

From "Stefan Schulz" <ssch...@ivs.tu-berlin.de>
Subject RE: Stripping extensions without file operation
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:50:34 GMT
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
> On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Stefan Schulz <sschulz@ivs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> [..]
> Or I've not been focussed, sorry.  <fileset>'s are always a
> set of existing files, so your "but fileset doesn't support
> nested mappers" somehow triggered the misunderstanding.  You
> don't want a fileset but a set of names.

Correct. So it is a misues. Even more, I think too generic here.

> > What I like to do: - read a set of files from a directory -
> create a
> > set from above set containing the same but modified elements
>
> And do with this set ... what?

Apply the set or each entry to a sequence of other (custom) tasks.

> I don't see a built-in way for this general description, but
> maybe there is a way to achieve what you want
> (<pathconvert>?) - depends on your needs.

Actually, the other tasks need the class name rather than the file name.
So I already use <pathconvert> for / to . conversion.
Unfortunately, the <map> task only is build for prefixes whereas I have
postfixes to map.
Of course, one could build the custom tasks to do the conversion
internally. So, maybe I am thinking to object oriented here.

Maybe <property> should support <mapper> to manipulate given values. Or
being explicit, having a <propertyconvert>. Seems I have to write such a
thing myself or integrate into the other custom tasks. ;)

Thanks anyway.

Stefan