ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tony Thompson" <tony.thomp...@stone-ware.com>
Subject Extending Ant
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 22:56:22 GMT
I would like to extend Ant to define my own data types and then refer to them from my own task.
 Essentially, my data type is a collection of properties but some properties could have more
than one value.  Like this:

<data name="fred">
   <property name="" value=""/>
   <mutli-property name="">
      <value>1</value>
      <value>2</value>
   </multi-property>
</data>

I would then like to refer to that data from my task:

<mytask data="fred"/>

I have looked at the documentation on creating my own task but, I am having issues with creating
my own data and then referring to it from my task.  Can anyone point me to some examples of
how this could/should be done?

I would also like for my data to be declared outside of any target so that it could be referred
to from several targets.  Searching in the mail list archive seems to indicate that I need
to use Ant 1.5 to accomplish this.  Can some confirm this?

Thanks.
Tony