ant-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Santos" <mister...@hotmail.com>
Subject XDoclet error
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 06:03:53 GMT
Hi again,

I am trying to run a target in a build file that uses the ejbdoclet task
from XDoclet. No matter what I do - change the classpath, JDK version
etc. -, I always get:

[ejbdoclet] Generating Javadoc
[ejbdoclet] Javadoc execution
[ejbdoclet] java.lang.VerifyError: (class: xdoclet/DocletTask$DocletMain,
method
: start signature: (Lcom/sun/javadoc/RootDoc;)Z) Incompatible object
argument fo
r function call
[ejbdoclet]     at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
[ejbdoclet]     at
java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1627)
[ejbdoclet]     at java.lang.Class.privateGetPublicMethods(Class.java:1655)
[ejbdoclet]     at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:1744)
[ejbdoclet]     at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:963)
[ejbdoclet]     at
com.sun.tools.javadoc.DocletInvoker.invoke(DocletInvoker.java
:171)
[ejbdoclet]     at
com.sun.tools.javadoc.DocletInvoker.validOptions(DocletInvoke
r.java:151)
[ejbdoclet]     at
com.sun.tools.javadoc.Start.parseAndExecute(Start.java:287)
[ejbdoclet]     at com.sun.tools.javadoc.Start.begin(Start.java:120)
[ejbdoclet]     at com.sun.tools.javadoc.Main.execute(Main.java:41)
[ejbdoclet]     at com.sun.tools.javadoc.Main.main(Main.java:31)
[ejbdoclet] javadoc: fatal error
[ejbdoclet] 1 error

I have used XDoclet before and I have never seen this error. I know what a
VerifyError means, but why is it happening? What should I do to fix it?

Tkx,
--
Michael Nascimento Santos
Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform