ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scott Stirling" <scottstirl...@rcn.com>
Subject RE: FilterChains - grep and sed
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 06:57:21 GMT
> From: Matt Benson [mailto:gudnabrsam@yahoo.com]
[...]
> why not create FilterReaders around the
> Perl5Tools, AwkTools, etc. in Jakarta ORO?

After seeing your first post mentioning Jakarta ORO I checked it out.  Seems
like a good idea.  Note: according to the latest ORO docs, AwkTools and
PerlTools are now org.apache.oro.text.awk.* and org.apache.oro.text.perl.*.

org.apache.oro.text.perl.Perl5Util would give us these PERL features:
  - [m]/pattern/[i][m][s][x]
  - s/pattern/replacement/[g][i][m][o][s][x]
  - split()

org.apache.oro.text.awk.AwkStreamInput and
org.apache.oro.text.awk.AwkMatcher would give us awk-like functionality, but
not sure to what extent.

Looks like the Perl5Util would be great for some basic sed emulation.

Scott Stirling