ant-user mailing list archives

From David McTavish <dmctav...@SANDVINE.com>
Subject RE: Generic template for software build plan
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:12:18 GMT
http://wenaus.home.cern.ch/wenaus/peb-app/process.html
some interesting notes... you probably won't find this cookie-cut for you,
as all build environments will have different requirements. I think you need
to first sit down (maybe read the link above first), and determine what the
requirements of your environment are, and then develop a solution around
that.

d.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hanman Gajarla [mailto:hanman.gajarla@powerupnetworks.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 11:07 AM
To: Hanman Gajarla; ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Generic template for software build plan

I am mainly looking for a plan for the build process in general and not
specific to the Ant tool itself.

Essentially, I am looking for a template for the build process (mainly from
the QA standpoint) in general and not about Ant itself.  For example, this
template would talk about how many builds should be done per week, when is a
good time to do a build during the product life cycle, how many builds
should we do per release (8 week releases),  when should we make the last
build prior to each release etc.

Thanks,

-Hanman