ant-user mailing list archives

From David McTavish <dmctav...@SANDVINE.com>
Subject RE: ant for dummies question
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:16:04 GMT
we use "src" here, and every other place I've worked. One note, that we do
manage multiple languages as well, and we differentiate between those under
our "src" tree.

ie:
project-root

 +-- src

     +-- c

     +-- com
     |   |
     +   +-- sandvine

     +-- <other language here>

we use the "com" to differentiate between java and other languages we write
in, and this also allows us to store all of our source code under one tree.

* I've also abstracted this into a property ${src.dir} and store it in my
build.properties file in the event that we ever want to make a global
change, but we're so far into development now that that'd never happen. As
far as properties are concerned, I'd recommend abstracting EVERYTHING that
is configurable into a property. You'd never believe the amount of stress it
relieves from being able to make a change in a single file and allow it to
propogate to all build scripts.

d.