ant-user mailing list archives

From David McTavish <dmctav...@SANDVINE.com>
Subject RE: Exec task question
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 18:55:55 GMT
We've created a separate VOB/share/whatever you want to call it that
contains all of the re-usable tools we use throughout our team. This way, we
know exactly where these files are in a relative path from any build script.

ie:
root share of cvs

 +-- sw (contains active source code)

 +-- sw-tools (contains all third-party binaries)

     +-- installshield

Then, in each build script under root/sw I have a property that defines
where the sw-tools folder is:

<property name="lib.sw-tools" location="../../sw-tools"/>

I can then configure my binary using a property as follows:
<property name="lib.installshield"
location="${lib.sw-tools}/installshield"/>
<property name="bin.ismpc" value="${lib.installshiedl}/ismpc.exe"/>

You can then use your exec command as usual:
<exec executable="${bin.ismpc}" dir="${lib.installshield}">
    <arg line="do something useful"/>
</exec>

rgds,
d.