ant-user mailing list archives

From David McTavish <>
Subject RE: Exec task question
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 18:55:55 GMT
We've created a separate VOB/share/whatever you want to call it that
contains all of the re-usable tools we use throughout our team. This way, we
know exactly where these files are in a relative path from any build script.

root share of cvs
 +-- sw (contains active source code)
 +-- sw-tools (contains all third-party binaries)
     +-- installshield

Then, in each build script under root/sw I have a property that defines
where the sw-tools folder is:

<property name="lib.sw-tools" location="../../sw-tools"/>

I can then configure my binary using a property as follows:
<property name="lib.installshield"
<property name="bin.ismpc" value="${lib.installshiedl}/ismpc.exe"/>

You can then use your exec command as usual:
<exec executable="${bin.ismpc}" dir="${lib.installshield}">
    <arg line="do something useful"/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Cannon []
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2002 1:41 PM
Subject: Exec task question

Platform:  Windows 2000 Pro
Ant version:  1.5.1

I'm using the "exec" task to run InstallShield Multiplatform v4.53.
InstallShield Multiplatform's executable (ismpc.exe) is on the system PATH.
Is there a way to locate the directory where ismpc.exe is located from
within the ant .xml file?  I need to make exec's current directory be this
directory so that the .exe runs properly.

Steve Cannon
Austin, TX

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>