ant-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Solofnenko <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject RE: How do deal with <copy> and unix permissions on Unix?
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 19:47:40 GMT
Thank you Stefan,

  this is what I need. Now I will have to replace a some (a lot!) <copy>
with it and add windows check.... or write a pre-processor to do it for
me... I am not sure which way will be faster.

- Alexey.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 12:06 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: How do deal with <copy> and unix permissions on Unix?

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Alexey Solofnenko <A.Solofnenko@mdl.com> wrote:

> Without keeping executable bit ANT becomes not very useful on
> Unix.

Maybe.  Java doesn't provide access to permissions so there is nothing
much Ant can do.

> How do you replace <copy> to work correctly on Unix?

<apply executable="cp" destdir="...">
  <arg value="-p"/>
  <srcfile/>
  <mapper type="identity"/>
  <fileset />
</apply>

would work.  Alternatively you can <chmod> the files after <copy>ing
them - if you know the files and permissions, that is.

Stefan