ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: How escaping '*'? (Solved)
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:34:04 GMT
Make that 'cmd.exe' expands * in all Windows version I know (NT, 2K, XP),
and probably all of them. Did you know it has pipes and redirections too?
It's very pale compared to any unix shell, but it's a shell nonetheless...

And to keep nagging you, if you had used apply, Ant would have done the
expansion... --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Aubin Mahé [mailto:aubin.mahe@wanadoo.fr]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 1:15 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: How escaping '*'? (Solved)

Thanks for your help!
In fact under Windows XP, cmd.exe really expands the * with the contents
of the current directory.
I'm very surprised of this "UNIX" behaviour.

I have solved my problem by using quotes, specified in an XML way.
The ant task become:
<java jar = "LogMerge.jar" fork = "true" dir = "." >
   <arg line  = "-l MainTrace -o 1 -select" />
   <arg value = "&quot;*&quot;" />
</java>

If I write <arg line = "-l MainTrace -o 1 -select &quot;*&quot;"> the
quotes are removed, strange isn't it?