ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <>
Subject RE: problem with build file or is there a better way?
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:36:13 GMT
<condition> is a task, and thus cannot appear at the top level. It must be
inside a target that your other target depend on (usually an 'init' target).

Ant 1.6 will support top-level tasks. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Dahbura []
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 11:34 AM
Subject: problem with build file or is there a better way?

I need to have the classpath for a ant javac to be different based on
the jdk being used.

I tried the following at the top of my build.xml file:
<condition property="jsselibs">

      <"1.3" />

and followed it with another condition for 1.4

<condition property="jsselibs">
      <"1.4" />

I get the following message everytime I try a build with this:
file:/home/tony/devt/build.xml:29: Unexpected element "condition"

The documentation for condition shows this as a valid syntax for this.
Am I doing this right or should I try a different approach?
I have the condition clauses at the top of my build file before my
target definitions.

Tony Dahbura

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>