ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: help with style task
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:15:15 GMT
Do you have an 'official' release of Ant? How do you start it?

Using ant.bat with only junit.jar in my classpath, on Win2K, JDK 1.4.0_01, I
don't have anything special to use <style> (no taskdef, no nested classpath
in style task). --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Sonnek, Ryan [mailto:Ryan.Sonnek@bpc.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 10:47 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: help with style task

this is a very active list, so i'm reposting my message with a more accurate
subject.  hopefully someone who's worked with this can point me in the right
direction.  the docs are great, but i've been stuck for quite some time.

i've looked through the mail archive, and
went through the FAQ on using the JUnit and style task w/o having
optional.jar in ANT_HOME.  i've had junit working fine for monthes this way,
and now i'd like to add style for checkstyle.  after going through the docs
again, i remembered that i have to taskdef the style task, but it's not
quite there.  i think i'm closer, but there's something not quite right
about it.  here's my target now:

    <taskdef name="style"
     classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.XSLTProcess"
     classpath="${ant-optional.path};${xalan.path}" />

    <echo message="convert xml report to html." />
out="${project.doc.checkstyle}/checkstyle.html"
style="${project.doc.checkstyle}/checkstyle.xsl">
      <classpath>
        <pathelement location="${ant-optional.path}" />
        <pathelement location="${xalan.path}" />
      </classpath>

the error i get now is:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/TraXLiaison

if i specify TraxLiason as the taskdef classname, i get an error as well.
any help is greatly appreciated!

Ryan