ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Order of files within a fileset
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 17:45:32 GMT
I cannot rely on the order in a fileset. Set your classpath explicitly using
<pathelement>s instead, inside a <path>. I personally think that relying on
the order of the classpath is dangerous... --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Nau, Michael [mailto:Michael.Nau@pyxis.com]
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 11:37 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Order of files within a fileset

How is the order files are loaded from a fileset determined? It seems to be
system dependent. I get different results for the following ant code running
on different systems (1 system is Win XP, the other is Win 2000). There are
about 20 jars in "${build.lib.dir}"

-----8<---------------------------------------------------------------

<path id="client.cp">
  <fileset dir="${build.lib.dir}"/>
/path>

<pathconvert property="client.cp.formatted" pathsep="${line.separator}
" refid="client.cp"/>

<echo>
  client.cp =
  ${client.cp.formatted}
</echo>

What determines the order of the files within a fileset?