ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Antcall and undefined parameters
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 15:31:00 GMT
The 'canonical' Ant way to do what you what would be:

<target name="all">
  <antcall target="xml" inheritAll="false">
   <param name="xml.source" location="${alpha.source}"/>
   <param name="xml.output" location="${alpha.output}"/>
  </antcall>
</target>

 <target name="xml"
         depends="xml-uptodate?"
         unless="xml-uptodate">
 </target>

<target name="xml-uptodate?" >
  <uptodate property="xml-updodate"
            srcfile="${alpha.source}"
            targetfile="${alpha.output}" />
</target>

which is very close to Benoit's second solution.

<antcall> 'opens' a new scope, so the property xml-uptodate potentially set
by the 'xml-uptodate?' target vanishes after the <antcall> 'returns', so the
next <antcall target="xml"/> is free to set it again.

As far as the if/unless counter-intuitive behavior, you're not the first one
to think such thoughts, but backward compatibility rules ;-)

I hope this helps. --DD