ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Question about nightly builds using ant....
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 21:40:03 GMT
This is usually done using the MailLogger I believe. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Rahul Biswas [mailto:rahul.biswas@sun.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 3:23 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Question about nightly builds using ant....

I am trying to accomplish the following:

have ant based nightly build scripts which are run through cron job.
The nightly ant build script is a root ant script which itself invokes other
ant scripts (for different component) to do the build.
At the end of the build (successful/failure - which can be for reasons other
than javac ) I want to be able to send a mail.

At this point of time...I have done this using two cron jobs, one does the
build other does the mailing, with the body containing the output file from
the previous job. Problem I encountered in a single ant job was that on
failure, the ant script would stop at the <ant > call and not execute the
mail task.
Is there a better way to accomplish this ?

I want to be able to flag my mail subject as Success/failure so that we have
the ability to filter out successul builds if wanted in the mail. Is there a
way to set a property on failure or any other way to do this one ?

Thanks & Regards
Rahul