ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: For-loop in Ant
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 17:18:57 GMT
But you're still not saying what you're doing ;-) So there's no telling
if/how it was possible to do it in a different possibly 'better' fashion
than using <foreach>/<parallel>. Good luck whatever you're doing ;-) --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Dettori [mailto:markus.dettori@wuerth-phoenix.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 11:06 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: For-loop in Ant

> Note to dismiss the value of ant-contrib's <foreach>, but many times there
> was an acceptable pure Ant way to do the same thing without <foreach>,
which
> has its share of quirks. Granted, sometimes there is no Ant way, but like
> said, many times there was. Care to elaborate what you're doing? Just in
> case ;-) --DD

So, just tell me more ;-) I'm a impassionate reader :)
The problem is not the <foreach>, it is the parallel execution of
one target with different, changing properties, provided by
<foreachs> param list. The next problem is, that <foreach>
uses <antcall> and for a lot of targets (approx. there will be 1000) to
call,
I will get a "few" problems with ant (OoM).

ci sentiamo,
Markus