ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Re[4]: Best practice for numerous javac calls?
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 22:47:15 GMT
Answers below. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Kjome [mailto:hoju@visi.com]
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 4:35 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re[4]: Best practice for numerous javac calls?

Hello Dominique,

Thanks, that looks like it will work.  Where do I find <subant>?  I've
heard of the <foreach2> task.  Is that the same or different?

[DD] You will find <subant> in BugZilla ;-)
[DD] I'm using an updated version which can use a dynamic build path
extracted in my case from a GUMP-like XML file. I haven't posted it because
is now requires 4/5 external helper classes, so it's more difficult to
package ;-) The version I'm using allows me to say:

    <buildpath ident="buildpath"

resolverClassname="com.lgc.buildmagic.TahoeBuildPathResolver">
      <param name="destdir" value="${destdir}" />
      <param name="dependencies" value="${dependencies}" />
    </buildpath>

instead of what's below, in the right build order:

    <buildpath id="buildpath">
      <pathelement location="module#1"/>
      <pathelement location="module#2"/>
      <pathelement location="module#N"/>
    </buildpath>

It's like a little GUMP within a project!!! ;-)

BTW, thanks so much for the <jaxb> task you wrote. :-)  Very nice. Are you
making any updates or anything to it?  Just wondering in case JAXB
changes and requires the task to be modified to fit it or something.

[DD] Glad you like it, and that it's working for you ;-)
[DD] Hopefully SUN won't break it next time they release something, but if
they do, since we're using Jaxb, I'm likely to try and fix it (and post it).
Let me know if it breaks, and post fixes in BugZilla if you have any ;-)

Jake