ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <>
Subject RE: [ANT] How to install?
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 09:07:23 GMT
1. JAVA_HOME environment variable set e.g. c:\jdk1.3
2. JAVA_HOME/bin in PATH
3. ANT_HOME environment variable set e.g. c:\ant
4. ANT_HOME/bin in PATH

-----Original Message-----
From: Garrett Smith []
Sent: 06 December 2002 06:06
To: Ant Users List
Subject: [ANT] How to install?

I installed a new OS and I am starting from scratch again. Got TC going in only
a few minutes, but now I'm stuck on Ant. Last time I was running Ant, I had a
homegrown shell script that would set the necessary env. vars and run
$ANT_HOME/bin/ant (or something like that).

I'm looking for a set of stepwise instructions for a plain simple install of
Ant. Something like this:

Step 1. download Ant
Step 2. et c...

Step 1 download Ant. Go to http://...

I just downloaded Ant. I read the Ant Manual installation page (again). They
ought to should shoot the guy who wrote that.

JSP | Servlets | DHTML

Garrett Needs A Job

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>