ant-user mailing list archives

From "Beth Linker" <blin...@lanthorntechnologies.com>
Subject RE: Compile errors
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 22:15:46 GMT
Ted,

It looks like you don't have your Java classpath for the javac task
configured to include the JAR file with the javax.servlet.http classes.
One solution is to figure out where your web application server is
getting those classes and add that JAR to the javac task using a
classpath element:

<javac src="yoursrc" dest="yourdest">
	<classpath>
		<pathelement location="your servlet JAR"/>
	</classpath>
</javac>

Another option is to add the servlet JAR to the CLASSPATH environment
variable.

-Beth

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Munnich [mailto:ted.munnich@blacktulipcorp.com]
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2002 5:05 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Compile errors

I am getting an error while compiling using ant.

Here is a snapshot of the ant script:

<target name="compile">
   <javac srcdir="${src.dir}"
       destdir="${classes.dir}"
       debug="false"
       optimize="false"/>
</target>

Where 'src.dir' is pointing to the source file directory and
'classes.dir' is the class file output directory. The error message
states it can not find the javax.servlet.http package does not exist.
See below: [javac]
C:\webapps\doc\WEB-INF\src\com\btc\engine\btcEngine.java:8:
package javax.servlet.http does not exist[javac] import
javax.servlet.http.*;

When I run the webbased application using an application server, the
java files compile without problems. Does anyone have any idea what I am
missing. Thank you.

--
Ted Munnich