ant-user mailing list archives

From "Moon, Ed" <>
Subject RE: propertyfile increments wrong.
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:58:28 GMT
Is the build.number file under source control?

I've seen issues when the build.number is checked out, preventing an update
to build.number.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Brown []
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 9:45 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: propertyfile increments wrong.

I can confirm having seen this behaviour in the past.  It also occurs with
the buildnumber task.

I couldn't create a reliable test case either... Sometimes I could run the
same task as you around 1000 times without problem, other times just once or
twice.  And it was really erratic, because if I spotted the error, then
manually updated the property file to try and recreate the error WITH THE
SAME PROPERTY VALUE, it wouldn't reliably repeat itself... :-(

Look back through the archives to messages I posted around 18th January

- Chris