ant-user mailing list archives

From "Sonnek, Ryan" <Ryan.Son...@bpc.com>
Subject RE: using jspc with taglib's
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 18:57:14 GMT
thank you for your reply steve.
i'm using xdoclet 1.1.2 right now, but will be trying out 1.2 beta 1 this
week.  thanks for your suggestions, i'd like to try the inline suggestion,
but how do you set the dtd to be inline?  that may be a reletively simple
question, but i haven't done it before.  i've placed a copy of sun's dtd
into the same directory as the taglib.tld and changed the declaration to:
<!DOCTYPE taglib SYSTEM "web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd">
but i'm still getting errors.  i've tried several combinations of SYSTEM and
PUBLIC, but no luck.

seems like it'd be best to proxy against my firewall to get the actual dtd
resolved.  i've looked through the optional task SetProxy to set the address
and port, but is there a way to set the username and password?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sonnek, Ryan" <Ryan.Sonnek@bpc.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 08:36
Subject: using jspc with taglib's

> hi again everyone.
> i put this problem on the backburner a couple monthes ago, and now i'm
back
> to pick your collective brains again!  =)  i wasn't able to get jspc
working
> with my jsp's that were using taglibs, and now i've got some more
> information about what may be going on.  here is the information i get
from
> running jspc:
>   [jasperc] 2002-12-09 12:05:30 - Java file name is:
> C:\brown_dev\srcroot\bcs\temp\jsp\\current_0005fstatus_0005fnew.java
>   [jasperc] 2002-12-09 12:05:30 -
>   [jasperc] Handling Directive: taglib
> org.xml.sax.helpers.AttributesImpl@1d85f79
>   [jasperc] 2002-12-09 12:05:30 - error-the file '\current_status_new.jsp'
> generated the following parse exception:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
> XML parsing error on file /WEB-INF/taglib.tld: (line 307, col 39): The
> string "--" is not permitted within comments.
>
> it appears to be complaining about my taglib.tld.  i'm using xdoclet to
> generate this file and for some reason the formatting is all on one line
> with no carriage returns.  i've included the taglib.tld as an attachment
> since it's kind of big.  i think it's complaining about the DTD
declaration
> <!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library
> 1.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd">
> i'm running from behind a firewall, so could it be that jspc tries to
> resolve the dtd for validation????

This is out the scope of the ant wrapper, and puts you deep into
jasper...you might find the tomcat4.x mail lists a better source of help.

(a) yes, firewalls may matter. Try pasting the DTD inline and seeing if it
works?
(b) I've used xdoclet to make taglibs; it all worked for me. Are you using
xdoclet1.2 yet?