ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Christiansen" <Nathan_Christian...@morinda.com>
Subject Patternsets and Filesets
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 19:51:28 GMT
I have been looking over patternsets anf filesets and am not quite sure how to do what I want
to do.

What I want to do is:
1. Get a listing of all files in directory A.
2. Save the list into a property or equivalent.
3. Use the list to select which files to delete from directory B.

Step 1 is easy:

<fileset dir="${web.src.dir}/images">
  <include name="*.gif" />
  <include name="*.jpg" />
</fileset>

For Step 2 I don't know how to save this result into a variable.

And for step 3 I would like to:

<delete>
  <fileset dir="${web.deploy.dir}/images">
    <[Saved File Listing from Step 2]>
  </fileset>
</delete>

So if I have 3 files in ${web.src.dir} I would like to delete the same three files from ${web.deploy.dir}
without touching the other files in ${web.deploy.dir}.

Is it possible to use patternsets for this or are patternsets used for saving the include
and exclude patterns only and not for saving the results of the task.

If not patternsets then how?

-- Nathan Christiansen
   x2421