ant-user mailing list archives

From Frank-Michael Moser <mo...@decodon.com>
Subject Re: Problem with ClassFileSet
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:02:22 GMT
Aaron Kelley wrote:
> The problem with that (at least for me) is that you have to list all the
> individual classes you want to be included as dependencies.  My classes
> that form my dependencies load each other dynamically.  This means that
> I would have to list 30 classes out.  As far as I am aware, it does not
> allow you to define a set of classes by just pointing it at a folder.
> Since I am doing all this for automated building on many projects, it
> will not work at all (I would have to constantly change the build
> script).

How about a workaround: To all your source-files which contain a
declaration like

  MyClass.class

add a dummy member

  MyClass myClassDummy;

You will see that GenJar (and the current version of classpath, too) now
is able to pick up MyClass as dependency automatically.

I don't know if this is an option for you, but however it is a generic
and simple work-around.

Frank-Michael