ant-user mailing list archives

From Frank-Michael Moser <mo...@decodon.com>
Subject Re: ClassFileSet method of loading classes
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:49:24 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> No, I think that would involve the halting problem :-). My fix is most
> likely compiler-specific and depends on how the compiler names the
> implicit Class instances. Maybe not that desirable.
>
> Let me know what you think.

I just checked out and built most recent Ant 1.5.9. Using the default
modern compiler of JDK 1.4 work fine for classfileset with my small test
case.

The behaviour of the depend task seems not to be touched at all - it
does not pick up Dependency.class. But I assume this shouldn't be
expected so far, didn't it?

If you whish a certain case to be tested, so let me know.

What do you think will there be a complete compiler-independent solution
for this problem. I guess it should only rely on the Java-Bytecode
specification. If so I would like to encourage the Retroguard people to
apply your patch (or its idea), too.

Frank-Michael