ant-user mailing list archives

From Frank-Michael Moser <mo...@decodon.com>
Subject Re: ClassFileSet method of loading classes
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 12:09:45 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:

> Well, I don't know about Retroguard but if you want to experiment with
> what dependencies can be gleaned from the bytecode, you could try the
> <depend> task with the dump option set to see the output.

So I did and found that the depend task is not able to handle our case.
Please refer to my mail at which I have attached the test case with the
two classes and a build file. I added another target to the build file.
Once you have run the other test which creates Root.class and
Dependency.class you can call

  build test-depend

This will touch Root.java and then run the depend task like this:

<depend closure="yes" destdir="." srcdir="." />

You will see that Root.class will be deleted but Dependency.class will
survive.

Frank-Michael