ant-user mailing list archives

From Frank-Michael Moser <mo...@decodon.com>
Subject Re: ClassFileSet method of loading classes
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:50:26 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:
>> Should...?!
>

> Sure. I don't give cast-iron guarantees :-)

But now I do.

To prove I attached two Java classes (Root.java and Dependency.java) and
a build.xml where the Root class is the root of a classfileset which
later is used in a jar task. Root holds a reference to Dependency.class:

   public Class dependency = Dependency.class;

Put the three files into a single folder and run

   build deps

See what's in the jar.

Frank-Michael

BTW:
Notice that javac of course handles Dependency as a dependency of Root
(parsing the source code). But not <classfileset...> can't.