ant-user mailing list archives

From Frank-Michael Moser <mo...@decodon.com>
Subject Re: ClassFileSet method of loading classes
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 18:32:08 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:
> Frank-Michael Moser wrote:
>
>>   Class.forName("package-of-myclass.MyClass");
>>
>> In fact, in bytecode it is coded much more near to the latter form,
>> such that looking the bytecode can't result in finding any
>> dependencies to MyClass.
>

> I'm not sure on what you are basing this information. ...
>
> Looking at the bytecode will most certainly reveal a dependency on the
> class MyClass.

Do you know RetroGuard - an OpenSource obfuscator for Java?

http://www.retrologic.com/retroguard-main.html

This does definitely not handle MyClass.class notation as dependencies
and complains in its log file the usage of Class.forName(...) for all
upper cases. This was the starting point of my examinations.