ant-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Generic template for software build plan
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:17:47 GMT

Phillip Lord wrote:
> "Hanman" == Hanman Gajarla <hanman.gajarla@powerupnetworks.com> writes:
>

>   Hanman> Looking for a generic template for a software ant build
>   Hanman> plan.  Appreciate your help.
>
>   Hanman> Thanks in advance.
>
>   Hanman> -Hanman
>
> You can try my antmerge tool. Its in it's early days yet, but it
> provides a generic build environment using ant, and a system for
> incorporating local changes to the build environment.
>
> http://www.russet.org.uk/download/java/antmerge/

The embed proposal, that is in Ant CVS since some time now and is
regularly built by Gump, permits users to import ant buildfiles and
redefine targets that have been imported.

It's been used by Centipede since some months now and works well.
What is the difference with AntMerge? They seem very similar.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -