ant-user mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: New User? -- Ant doesn't run -- Appears that OS is not finding or just not starting ant.sh from /etc/profile.d --I must be missing something simple?
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:50:46 GMT
H. Whitney Stewart wrote:

> Can not run ant from command prompt via telnet logged in as root

When you say "can not run ant", what exactly do you mean? What output do
you see? Is the ant command not found, or does it run and fail? Also,
I'd suggest not running Ant as root.

> Can someone please help or please just shoot me into the correct
> direction to find the answer myself.

We really need more info about what is happening. If you get to the
point where the ant script is being run, then you can add -x to the
#!/bin/sh at the top of the script to see what is going on!

Conor