ant-user mailing list archives

From Jin Zhou <j...@gene.COM>
Subject Re: Failed building ant-1.5.1 on Tru64 V5.1 system
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 01:34:55 GMT
Hi,

    Thanks Conor for the hint. Finally I found the tar ball
"jakarta-ant-1.5.1-src.tar.gz" I downloaded from
http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/source is corrupted. A lot of file names have
been truncated, for example:

ls -1 ./src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/depend/constantpool
CVS/
ClassCPInfo.java
ConstantCPInfo
ConstantPool.j
ConstantPoolEn
DoubleCPInfo.j
FieldRefCPInfo
FloatCPInfo.ja
IntegerCPInfo.
InterfaceMetho
LongCPInfo.jav
MethodRefCPInf
NameAndTypeCPI
StringCPInfo.j
Utf8CPInfo.jav

     I then downloaded the other source file "jakarta-ant-1.5.1-src.zip",
and now I can run bootstrap.sh without problem. I'll try to build entire ant
later.

     Thanks Conor.

     Jin

Jin Zhou wrote:
> Hi,
>

>    So what's wrong with bootstrap? did I forget to do anything? Is there
> anything wrong with the source codes I downloaded from Apache.org?

Can you run
bootstrap.sh -debug

It will give you more info about what is going on and perhaps the cause
for the failure

Conor