ant-user mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam....@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject ant for dummies question
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:06:34 GMT
I've been using ant for a while with struts and tomcat. Now I'm starting
an EJB project and am learning more about ant so I can use it here too.

I'm used to having my java classes in the "src" subdirectory. Yet I was
reading an old post "J2EE config/build best practices" from Drew Davison
recommending calling the source code dir "java" - which is more common?

Also the struts-originated build.xmls hard-coded the directory name in,
but wouldn't it be better to have it in the build.properties?

Instead of

<javac srcdir="src"
        destdir="${build.home}/classes"
          debug="${compile.debug}"