ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Question about nightly builds using ant....
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 21:52:27 GMT
How about using Anthill or CruiseControl?  They'd take care of that for you.

Rahul Biswas wrote:
> I am trying to accomplish the following:
>
> have ant based nightly build scripts which are run through cron job.
> The nightly ant build script is a root ant script which itself invokes other ant scripts
(for different component) to do the build.
> At the end of the build (successful/failure - which can be for reasons other than javac
) I want to be able to send a mail.

> At this point of time...I have done this using two cron jobs, one does the build other
does the mailing, with the body containing the output file from the previous job. Problem
I encountered in a single ant job was that on failure, the ant script would stop at the <ant
> call and not execute the mail task.
> Is there a better way to accomplish this ?
>
> I want to be able to flag my mail subject as Success/failure so that we have the ability
to filter out successul builds if wanted in the mail. Is there a way to set a property on
failure or any other way to do this one ?