ant-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Biswas <rahul.bis...@sun.com>
Subject Question about nightly builds using ant....
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 21:23:26 GMT

I am trying to accomplish the following:

have ant based nightly build scripts which are run through cron job.
The nightly ant build script is a root ant script which itself invokes other ant scripts (for
different component) to do the build.
At the end of the build (successful/failure - which can be for reasons other than javac )
I want to be able to send a mail.

At this point of time...I have done this using two cron jobs, one does the build other does
the mailing, with the body containing the output file from the previous job. Problem I encountered
in a single ant job was that on failure, the ant script would stop at the <ant > call
and not execute the mail task.
Is there a better way to accomplish this ?

I want to be able to flag my mail subject as Success/failure so that we have the ability to
filter out successul builds if wanted in the mail. Is there a way to set a property on failure
or any other way to do this one ?

Thanks & Regards
Rahul