ant-user mailing list archives

From Christian Wolfgang Hujer <Christian.Hu...@itcqis.com>
Subject Re: Is there an Ant task to validate HTML (not XHTML)?
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2002 01:33:03 GMT
Hi all,

Am Sonntag, 15. Dezember 2002 01:11 schrieb Christian Wolfgang Hujer:
> Hello Ken,
>
> thanks, I didn't think of tidy.
> tidy -e does a good job, I thought it's just for cleaning up HTML, but it
> also can check HTML. Thanks!
>
> I don't know wether I will write a HtmlTidy-Task, probably no because
> inserting tidy -e in a Makefile will do the job for me.
I just thought about creating a HtmlTidy-Task based on JTidy. I took a look at
JTidy's source. It looks extremely ugly. It looks like what it is: a
conversion from a tool written in a non-object oriented programming language.
The author has done a really great job at conversion to Java, but it's still
ugly.
Some files have several thousand lines of code.
That's too untypical for Java to me.
This project definitely needs some refactoring before someone writes an Ant
task for it.
And probably it's not up-to-date compared with the original tidy.

Bye
--
ITCQIS GmbH
Christian Wolfgang Hujer