ant-user mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: FilterChains - grep and sed
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 21:13:50 GMT
Good point.  I got caught up in the term "filter" and
didn't consider the situations when the effect of the
filter was a transformation.  That is the kind of
thing I was looking for, an example of filter behavior
that would be impossible to intelligently invert.
Until now I have been unsure whether the class could
be written.  Inverting a removal filter would be
complex but intelligent results probably could be
achieved.  I was thinking along the lines of grep and
grep -v when I came up with this.  On the other hand,
transformations would probably not yield output
comparable to the input and thus would probably result
in nothing but garbage when inverted.  Consider that
matter dropped, then.

Now to have holes shot in my other suggestion:  why
not create FilterReaders around the Perl5Tools,
AwkTools, etc. in Jakarta ORO?

-Matt