ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ciramella, Edward" <ECirame...@emptoris.com>
Subject ANT excludes for JAVAC aren't working properly...
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2002 21:20:33 GMT
I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this problem...

I have a directory structure like this:
project/src/com/aaaa/bbbb/1111/
project/src/com/aaaa/bbbb/2222/
project/src/com/aaaa/bbbb/3333/

I have the following JAVAC task setup:

<javac srcdir="project/src"  destdir="project/class"
           deprecation="false"
           debug="true"
           optimize="false"
	   fork="true"
	   memoryMaximumSize="256m">
	<classpath refid="build.classpath"/>
  	<exclude name="**/2222/**"/>
    </javac>

The src in 2222 has been precompiled by another process and is in jar form.

The JAR is already in the classpath (ahead of the build dir).

Why is this happening?  I've added a delete target to clean out this
directory prior to compilation. When 'listfiles' is turned on, the contents
of 2222 are not listed.

I understand that other files in the bbbb package are interested in 2222,
but how come the javac task tries to compile the source rather than looking
at the classes in the jar?