ant-user mailing list archives

From SimonRichards...@hbosts.com
Subject RE: output type
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:00:54 GMT
Thank you Dominique, I suspected as much, but it still doesn't help :-(.

I have 2 build files A and B - with A calling B via. an <ant> call.

case1: If I set an output for the <ant> call then the file generated is always from
the default listener (/logger ?) - even if I specify a different logger on the command line.

case2: If I remove the output property on my <ant> call and specify a listener (logger)
on the command line when calling A, I do get the required output, but I have to make a second
Ant call to transform and mail the file (it is not possible to transform an incomplete log
file on the first call, and the log isn't complete until the build finishes):

$ ant -logger org.apache.tools.ant.XmlLogger -logfile logs/A_build_log.xml -buildfile A.xml
build_B
$ ant -buildfile A.xml mail

case2 is only a work around because in order to transform the xml and mail the results I have
to make a second call to Ant.  I notice there have a been a few other postings on the same
subject:
"Re: calling another build script with the XML logger"
"Re: Build output in XML format"

Is this to change in Ant 2?

Simon

For more information on HBOS Treasury Services, please visit http://www.HBOSTS.com

Or for details of our online FX & Deposit services, please go to http://www.HBOSdeal.com

HBOS Treasury Services plc is part of the HBOS Group, which also includes Halifax plc and
Bank of Scotland.
Registered Office: 33 Old Broad Street, London EC2N 1HZ. Registered No. 2692890. Registered
in England.
Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for the addressee
only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the
originator immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message
is strictly forbidden. This mail and any attachments have been scanned for viruses prior to
leaving the HBOS Treasury Services plc network. HBOS Treasury Services plc will not be liable
for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages arising from alteration of the contents
of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus being passed on.

HBOS Treasury Services plc reserves the right to monitor and record e-mail messages sent to
and from this address for the purposes of investigating or detecting any unauthorised use
of its system and ensuring its effective operation.