ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Slatcher" <steve_slatc...@scientia.com>
Subject Ant-Editor Integration
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:41:45 GMT
Hi all

I have been using Ant for a while now and have recently been looking at a
few editors and IDEs for Java development.  I am perfectly happy to build
my Ant files in an ordinary text editor, and execute Ant target from the
command line.

What I really would like however is a Java source editor (it doesn't have
to be a full IDE) that recognises classpaths I have set up in my build.xml
(presumably linked to a javac command), rather than requiring me to
maintain a project and/or classpath independently for the editor.  I may be
wrong, but the IDEs I have looked at so far (mainly NetBeans - Eclipse and
JDEE to a lesser extent) do not seem to be capable of this.  If anyone can
point me towards such an editor I would be very grateful.

If you point me to NetBeans I would be even more grateful if you could tell
me how do do it.  The only way I found was to independently mount my
classes dir and jar files on the "filesystem".

Many thanks

Steve Slatcher