ant-user mailing list archives

From "Markus Dettori" <markus.dett...@wuerth-phoenix.com>
Subject Re: For-loop in Ant
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 17:05:53 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dominique Devienne" <DDevienne@lgc.com>
To: "'Ant Users List'" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 4:54 PM
Subject: RE: For-loop in Ant

> Note to dismiss the value of ant-contrib's <foreach>, but many times there
> was an acceptable pure Ant way to do the same thing without <foreach>,
which
> has its share of quirks. Granted, sometimes there is no Ant way, but like
> said, many times there was. Care to elaborate what you're doing? Just in
> case ;-) --DD

So, just tell me more ;-) I'm a impassionate reader :)
The problem is not the <foreach>, it is the parallel execution of
one target with different, changing properties, provided by
<foreachs> param list. The next problem is, that <foreach>
uses <antcall> and for a lot of targets (approx. there will be 1000) to
call,
I will get a "few" problems with ant (OoM).

ci sentiamo,
Markus