ant-user mailing list archives

From "Vilya Harvey" <vilya.har...@digitalsteps.com>
Subject Re: Ant-Editor Integration
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:13:09 GMT
IntelliJ IDEA (http://www.intellij.com/idea) has Ant integration, although
again quite as tight as you would like. It still requires you to set up your
project classpath from within the IDE rather than from you Ant script. There
have been a number of IDEA users asking for this though (it's request #2838
in their bug tracker), so it may come about eventually. There's a plugin
available which will generate a basic Ant file for you, based on your
project settings, but mainly what you get get from IDEA is very nice editing
of your Ant script: code completion within your script file - even down to
the level of it being aware of property names that have been referenced via
a <property file="..."/> entry - in place error highlighting and a few
simple refactorings (although they're nowhere near as rich as the
refactorings it provides for Java code). It also lets you assign hotkeys to
targets from a script file and set up targets to automatically run
before/after compiling or running the program.

By the way, I'm not affiliated with IntelliJ at all - just a happy user of
their product.

Cheers,
Vil.
--
Vilya Harvey, Consultant
vilya.harvey@digitalsteps.com                 / digital steps /

--Disclaimer--

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential and/or legally
privileged. If you have received this email and you are not a named
addressee, please inform the sender at Digital Steps Ltd by phone on
+44 (0)1483 469 480 or by reply email and then delete the email from
your system. If you are not a named addressee you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email. Although
Digital Steps Ltd routinely screens for viruses, addressees should
check this email and any attachments for viruses. Digital Steps Ltd
makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this
email or any attachments.