ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: using jspc with taglib's
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 18:25:47 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sonnek, Ryan" <Ryan.Sonnek@bpc.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 08:36
Subject: using jspc with taglib's

> hi again everyone.
> i put this problem on the backburner a couple monthes ago, and now i'm
back
> to pick your collective brains again!  =)  i wasn't able to get jspc
working
> with my jsp's that were using taglibs, and now i've got some more
> information about what may be going on.  here is the information i get
from
> running jspc:
>   [jasperc] 2002-12-09 12:05:30 - Java file name is:
> C:\brown_dev\srcroot\bcs\temp\jsp\\current_0005fstatus_0005fnew.java
>   [jasperc] 2002-12-09 12:05:30 -
>   [jasperc] Handling Directive: taglib
> org.xml.sax.helpers.AttributesImpl@1d85f79
>   [jasperc] 2002-12-09 12:05:30 - error-the file '\current_status_new.jsp'
> generated the following parse exception:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
> XML parsing error on file /WEB-INF/taglib.tld: (line 307, col 39): The
> string "--" is not permitted within comments.
>
> it appears to be complaining about my taglib.tld.  i'm using xdoclet to
> generate this file and for some reason the formatting is all on one line
> with no carriage returns.  i've included the taglib.tld as an attachment
> since it's kind of big.  i think it's complaining about the DTD
declaration
> <!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library
> 1.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-jsptaglibrary_1_2.dtd">
> i'm running from behind a firewall, so could it be that jspc tries to
> resolve the dtd for validation????

This is out the scope of the ant wrapper, and puts you deep into
jasper...you might find the tomcat4.x mail lists a better source of help.

(a) yes, firewalls may matter. Try pasting the DTD inline and seeing if it
works?
(b) I've used xdoclet to make taglibs; it all worked for me. Are you using
xdoclet1.2 yet?