ant-user mailing list archives

From "H. Whitney Stewart" <Whitney.Stew...@TheSnows.Com>
Subject New User? -- Ant doesn't run -- Appears that OS is not finding or just not starting ant.sh from /etc/profile.d --I must be missing something simple?
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:24:45 GMT
Server Config:
	Running on Cobalt RAQ3 also running
	tomcat 4.1.12, jdk 1.3.1
	Installed gz file as outlined in "MySQL and JSP Web
Applications" appendix A.

  1st logged in as root
  2nd copied jakarta-ant-1.5.1-bin.tar.gz to /tmp
  3rd gunzip -c /tmp/jakarta-ant-1.5.1-bin.tar.gz | tar xf -
  4th created ant.sh file in /etc/profile.d directory. chmod & chown
from ref file java.sh in same directory
	ant.sh contents:
		PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/jakarta-ant-1.5.1/bin"
		ANT_HOME=/usr/local/jakarta-ant-1.5.1/

		export PATH ANT_HOME
  5th rebooted server

Can not run ant from command prompt via telnet logged in as root

Checked set variables to verify they were exported and they were
exported

   Researched via
	"MySQL and JSP Web Applications"
	"Red Hat Linux 7 Server"
	"Cobalt manual"
	Online "Apache Ant 1.5.1 Manual"
		Sections:  	Introduction, Installing Ant, Using Ant,
Running Ant and Feedback and Troubleshooting
				(applied suggestion to remove quotes and
trailing slash
				from ant.sh file from Feedback and
Troubleshooting section)

   Updated ant.sh contents:
	PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/jakarta-ant-1.5.1/bin
	ANT_HOME=/usr/local/jakarta-ant-1.5.1

	export PATH ANT_HOME
  Rebooted

Still can not run ant from command prompt via telnet logged in as root

Checked set variables to verify they were exported and they were
exported

Can someone please help or please just shoot me into the correct
direction to find the answer myself.

Thank you all

Sincerely
Whitney