ant-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Kelley" <akel...@ecsplus.com>
Subject RE: Efficient method to build JARs
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:24:21 GMT
I don't need any tool to guess which classes I am loading dynamically.
I want to define a fileset of these classes (so include all the classes
in folderX as my root classes) and then have the tool load all of their
dependencies (very similar to what ClassFileSet does, but I need it to
actually work, and I need to do something about all my required classes
in JAR files).  We are using quite a few required libraries and our JAR
file will be downloaded to clients, so size does matter.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:DDevienne@lgc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 9:15 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Efficient method to build JARs

I fail to see how any tool could *guess* which classes you'll
dynamically
load from your code, except if you have a very controlled way of
specifying
the list of such classes (their names I guess). Packaging more classes
than
needed is better than not finding them at runtime once deployed.

Or I'm missing something altogether. --DD