ant-user mailing list archives

From "Vilya Harvey" <vilya.har...@digitalsteps.com>
Subject Re: Problem with ClassFileSet
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:16:06 GMT
See inline comments below. Hope they help...

Vil.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron Kelley" <akelley@ecsplus.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 2:09 AM
Subject: Problem with ClassFileSet

> I still cannot get the ClassFileSet to work.  I am most likely doing
> something incorrect.  Here is how I am using it:
>
> <delete file="${cvs.package}.jar"/>
>
> <classfileset id="reqClasses" dir="/build/mylib/classes"
> includes="**/*.class">
>     <rootfileset dir="/build/myclient/classes" includes="**/*.class"/>
> </classfileset>

Don't use the includes attribute on the <classfileset> tag. This attribute,
which I'm guessing is inherited from <fileset>, seems to take precedence
over any nested specification of the files to include; that means you'll get
exactly the files you specify in the attribute, without any dependencies. Is
that the incorrect behaviour you're seeing?