ant-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Kelley" <akel...@ecsplus.com>
Subject Efficient method to build JARs
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:09:55 GMT
Is there an efficient way to build JARs (so it loads all the
dependencies and not every class file)?  I see that there is a
ClassFileSet, but it cannot pull required classes from JAR files.  Also,
I could not really get it to work and there seems to be a lack of
documentation for it.  Secondly, I looked at GenJar, but this package
requires you to actually list individual classes that form the root of
your dependencies.  My problem with this package is that I would have to
list all of my classes since we are dynamically loading many of classes
in out projects.  This is not an option since I will be using it for
automated building of large and changing projects.  I would love to hear
any other options I may have.

Thanks,
Aaron