ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nicklas McCalip" <NEMcCa...@bcbsms.com>
Subject $ problem in ANT task...
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 20:05:22 GMT
I came across something the other day that I thought someone might
want to take a look at.   I was setting up a custom JDBCTask and was
having problems getting a conncetion to the database.   It wasn't
until I echoed my userid and password that I realized what it was.
You see the password we use for development purposes contains two "$"
back to back; like "sa$$y".   When the password was echoed it
displayed only on "$"; like "sa$y", infact I had to put three back to
back "$" before it would interpret the input as desired.

Seems even when the "$" is in the middle of a quoted strring it still
trying to parse out a value.

The matter isn't urgent since you can work around it by "$" with a "$"
but wanted to bring it to someones attention.

Nick McCalip

------------------- TEXT.htm follows -------------------
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt Tahoma; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=1>I came across something the other day that I thought someone

might want to take a look at.&nbsp;&nbsp; I was setting up a custom JDBCTask and
was having problems getting a conncetion to the database.&nbsp;&nbsp; It wasn't
until I echoed my userid and password that I realized what it was.&nbsp;&nbsp;
You see the password we use for development purposes contains two "$" back to
back; like "sa$$y".&nbsp;&nbsp; When&nbsp;the password was&nbsp;echoed it

displayed only on "$"; like "sa$y", infact I had to put three back to back "$"
before it would interpret the input as desired.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>Seems&nbsp;even when the "$" is in the middle of a quoted

strring it still trying to parse out a value.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>The matter isn't urgent since you can work around it by "$"

with a "$" but wanted to bring it to someones attention.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>Nick McCalip</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>