ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: condition for exec task
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:33:08 GMT
On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Oliver Wulff <oliver.wulff@zurich.ch> wrote:

> I guess you mean if I set the attribute "dest".

Yes.

> I show you my complete case:

Thanks.

> When I execute the idl compiler on each idl, it generates a lot of
> java files (200-400). Afterwards, it will compile them.

So each idl maps to n .java files, right?

> <uptodate property="idl.compile" targetfile="${idl.dir}/Base.idl">
>   <srcfiles dir="${classes.dir}/com/zurich/chz/orb" includes="**/*.class"/>
> </uptodate>

Isn't the logic reversed here?  Source would be the IDL file and
target would be the whole bunch of classes.

All .class files get compiled at the same time, so if one of them is
older than the IDL file, all need to be regenerated.  Am I correct?

Are the names of the .class files predictable - at least so that you
know one of them per IDL file?  In that case, something like

<apply executable="idl-compiler">
  <arg ...>
  <srcfile/>

  <fileset dir="..." includes="*.idl"/>
  <mapper ...>
</apply>

where I hope it would be possible to write a regexp mapper to get a
single .java or .class file name from the name of the IDL file.

In this case, only the IDL files that are newer than the corresponding
.java (.class) files would get passed to the compiler.

Stefan